Incentives and Financing
Let us help you reduce your energy usage and operating costs so you can focus on growing your business. Our rich rebates and incentives including our 0% APR On-Bill Repayment Program (OBRP) can help make upgrading to high-efficiency natural gas equipment more affordable.
The new utility-managed Direct Install energy efficiency program is designed to provide generous incentives for comprehensive energy efficiency projects. When combined with our five year 0% OBRP, this program makes upgrading to high efficiency equipment a budget friendly pathway to saving energy, money and the environment!
The program is structured in two tiers to accommodate small and medium size facilities with an average annual electric demand under 200 kW.
- Tier I for businesses with under 100 kW average annual electric demand as well as municipal, public K-12 education facilities and businesses in Urban Enterprise Zone (UEZ) with under 200 kW average annual electric demand.
- Tier II for medium size businesses with an average annual electric demand of 101 – 200 kW
Incentives are offered for a broad range of energy using equipment including LED lighting, heating, cooling & refrigeration.
- Rebates up to 80% of retrofit costs. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Incentive levels are based on the level of comprehensiveness of a project.
- 5 year 0% APR On-Bill Repayment Program for qualified customers.
Energy Solutions for Businesses
Prescriptive & Custom
This rebate-based program will promote high efficiency electric and or natural gas equipment to facility owners and operators, either through prescriptive measures, single/multiple pieces of equipment with incentives based upon defined calculations, or custom specialized applications for a particular technology or special project at a facility. In addition, this program will support and or provide downstream approaches. It may also offer midstream or upstream incentives or buy-downs and support to manufacturers, distributors, contractors, and retailers that sell select energy-efficient products.
The measures will incent energy-efficient lighting, appliances, heating and cooling equipment and food service equipment, among other efficiency measures.
- Rebates to reduce the cost of approved high-efficiency equipment
- On bill financing through the NJNG OBRP:
Prescriptive: 0% APR $150,000 maximum for a five-year-term.
Custom: 0% APR $250,000 maximum for a five-year-term.
- An open pool of contractors
Click here for the Multifamily Prescriptive and Custom application instructions and Terms & Conditions. Questions? Contact us at SAVEGREENRepayment@njng.com.
The Energy Management program targets energy savings for existing commercial and industrial facilities by providing a holistic approach to improving a building’s energy performance by using retro-commissioning and strategic energy management strategies, ensuring continued energy performance.
This program is geared for large, more complex facilities and provides customers that are public service entities, including municipalities, universities, schools, hospitals and healthcare facilities (MUSH) and non-profit entities, with customized engineering and commissioning services designed to increase operational efficiency while reducing energy usage, utility costs and carbon footprint.
In addition, this program provides guided consultative services through the delivery to assist a customer in identifying and undertaking large energy-efficiency projects.
Customers start with an in-depth audit of their facilities and a detailed assessment, and plan to develop cost-effective energy-efficiency solutions and calculate incentives. Then, incentives are determined on a project-by-project basis. Key steps also include construction and commissioning of the project.
- 100% incentive for an up-front ASHRAE level II or III audit
- SAVEGREEN buys down the simple payback of the recommended energy-efficiency project cost by up to six years, with resulting payback not less than three years
- The remaining costs may be funded through SAVEGREEN’s On-Bill Repayment Program at 0% APR for a five year term
Contact Ray Perry at 732-616-6353 with questions and to get your project started.
**Direct Install pays up to 80 percent of the project costs. Qualified NJNG customers may be eligible to finance the balance at 0% APR for five years with no fees, points or closing costs.
To qualify for the NJNG 0% APR OBRP, customers must have a good payment history with NJNG and no bankruptcies in the past seven years. See OBRP application with terms and conditions. All offers are subject to available funding. NJNG reserves the right, with approval from the State of New Jersey Board of Public Utilities, to terminate, modify, suspend or extend this rebate program.